Pages

.


.


Guilt and the owner of the Pet

views the best pictures

Here I am again, once the terrible situation of having to decide whether or not to euthanize one of my favorite animals. At the moment is one of my cats. He was born in my terrace, his mother having decided that a feral look like me will provide a suitable home. She bore two sons and moved and allowed me to look after them. Sylvester is the last of the three. It is eleven.

Suddenly appeared with a scar on his face. Perhaps I thought that there had been a battle, he is called Sylvester. There was always a bit of lad, bringing home prizes, chasing other cats. But when I took him to the VET of four weeks, said he feels it was either get a sterilized knife or a bad cancerous growth. These past few weeks had injections, antibiotics and anti-androgens last edited. He even for a week at the VET's and gave them treatment there.

Even so, when things don't seem to work the guilt felt by many animal lovers is intense. There are so many concerns about the right do not extend their pain, but at the same time does not entitle them either. Here are some of the thoughts and emotions.

-It is so bad as it seems? I know that there have been times when I was certain that an animal was near death, and then later a levy was completely fine. Sometimes surprisingly quickly recovers from situations like animals very seriously.

-I Have enough? Agonising over the choices of what to do to help a sick animal is a nightmare. So our trust. My beautiful cat purrs and simply looks at me while I decide what to do about the future.

I miss some of the signs-No? Negligence in not noticing the unwell slowly. There is tremendous guilt feeling that I should somehow be halted earlier and his illness might have been able to have more time to deal with him. I know that sometimes I am not fully alert for animals. Love, stroke, buy the very best food and drink but sometimes I'm busy and don't check them over.

-I am selfish in the keep alive? There is no way that I want to keep a sick, the suffering of animals alive only to match my own selfish wants. They cannot tell us how you feel. Sometimes you have animals that did not appear to be at risk, but is very ill and should be let go as a kindness. Further processing is sometimes simply prolong the misery.

-Are there other alternatives? Should I go to another vet, animal hospital, a doctor and get a second or third opinion. Sometimes this can be a tough choice, prolonging pain and distress. The animal has no idea what is happening and poked, prodded and medicated. I trust my vet, otherwise you won't be in the first place.

Therefore, as a last word, since I began this article I have been Advised of the VET to put my little cat to sleep, so I did and then brought home and buried him in my garden. You will get a headstone for his grave. He is buried next to his mother and his brother. A source of comfort is that it has had a good life, especially for a stray. Has enjoyed gourmet dinners, central heating and convenient place to sleep. And, in the end, no prolonged pain.

Susan Leigh is a consultant and Hypnotherapist who works with
-stressed individuals for promoting confidence and self belief,
-couples in crisis to improve communication and understanding
-with business clients to support the levels of health and motivation of individuals and groups

For more information see http://www.lifestyletherapy.net/

Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Susan_Leigh

Susan Leigh - EzineArticles Expert Author

No comments:

Post a Comment